Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Perfect

Ahhhhh, Valentine's Day. When I was younger, I used to write a yearly tirade against it in poem form. I think it made me feel cooler to be anti-Valentine's, and now I've realized that I'm just plain mushy. I can't help it, so I might as well just embrace it.

We could always tell a really good card or gift for my Mom by how much it made her cry. Well, Nate and Milo surprised me with a little something this morning that brought me to tears. Guess it must have been a good one?
Yes, it really says, "Mommy, you're my very first Valentine." Do you want to cry along with me?

I heard quite a commotion in the guest room last night, and I'm pretty sure Nate getting Milo to "sign" and "handprint" the card had a little something to do with it...
Most girls will never be as blessed as I am - I have not one but TWO handsome (and completely legitimate) Valentines. And while one is away working very hard so Milo and I can stay home together (now that is love), I get to dress up my mini-Valentine and take pictures like this...


Perfect, right? Well, close to perfect. What will be even more so is when Nate gets home from work, and the three of us cuddle up together and enjoy take-out (Nate forbade me to cook today) and snuggles for the rest of the night. Perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I still have your "Love Schmove" poem. I had completely forgotten that you used to write anti-love poems. I believe it goes: Love Schmove if love were a veggie it would be a green bean.
    I'll have to see if I can find it as that is all I can remember. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that was a good one. But you left out a part: "Love, schmove, you know what I mean? If love were a veggie, it'd be a green bean." Ironic, clever... I've since then decided that I like both love and green beans (the green beans being a recent development). Guess our tastes change with age?

    ReplyDelete