Thursday, November 10, 2011

Natural Bridge Caverns

We went to an amazing place outside of San Antonio called the Natural Bridge Caverns. They were basically underground areas created when a sinkhole collapsed who knows how many years ago... I can't remember the last time I stood in a place that seemed so much like a naturally made temple. I was in awe, and I couldn't quite snap a photo that did it justice. Here are my feeble attempts, though.
I seriously could have just stayed here and breathed it all in for hours.

I felt so tiny here!

EXQUISITE.

Amazing, right?
And, of course, we couldn't resist snapping some family photos. Milo rode around in a pack on Nate's back that he absolutely adored. He literally cried when we took him out of it. Such a handy thing to have on a vacation - it made us feel much more mobile than the stroller did.

The two handomest men on the planet.


See how happy Milo is? He loved the caverns and the pack. In fact, after a while, he put his head on Nate's shoulder and went to sleep.

I will say, I had some pretty amazing hair by the time we left. The temperature inside the caverns was 70 degrees, and the humidity was 99%. WOW. Good thing I didn't bother to straighten that morning... Or put on makeup... Or really do much of anything... Ahhhh, vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment