Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Risky Reads"

Have you read the top 5 "risky reads" according to msnbc? I'm seriously considering giving back my master's degree in English because I haven't read two of them, although I will say that one of them is on my to-read list (I just haven't forked over the money to get it for my Kindle).

1. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
3. Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
4. The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
5. Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller

If you're interested in checking out the article and reading a brief description of each book, here's the link.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44699167/ns/today-books/t/risky-reads-books-have-been-banned?gt1=43001
If you want to guess which book is on my to-read list, leave me a comment and challenge me to just buy it for goodness sake!
And if you've read Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret and it exhausted you at the age of 11 (talk about a disappointing banned read), come on over for a big high-five.
Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Brave New World is on my High School reading list!

    ReplyDelete