Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Short on words

Hmmm. I've found myself as of late with very little to say. Why is that? Could it be that I've been so franticly busy? That I've been thinking about running and sore knees and ten mile long routes (completed yesterday, thank you very much)? Or that I've been pondering money and how to raise some and how many headbands I can make in a two-week period? Or maybe it's that I've been getting less and less sleep and I can't quite figure out why...

Or perhaps it's that I lost someone really special to me, and I haven't quite figured out the words to describe this strange sick ache in my tummy and the tightening in my chest when I think about it. It seems like the last few years have brought a lot of loss, and just when I think I've dealt with one person missing, another follows suit. I'm a grown-up, but I can't seem to figure out how to act like one in these situations. So I'm sure you'll get another post another day all about it when I figure this one out, but right now I just can't.

Anyway, that's all I've got, but I thought I'd better at least check in, as I haven't written since last week (and the duct is all better, thank you very much).

I will leave you with this. Milo has been doing amazingly well at sitting up by himself. So well, in fact, that when it was silent in his room for naptime, followed by a "bang bang," I knew exactly what was going on, but I had to check just to be sure. Oh yes, that little munchkin had sat himself up in bed and was banging against the side of the crib and half climbing up it, trying to reach his mobile... He turned around and looked at me sheepishly and then just grinned, like, "Well, can you blame me?" Guess what's coming down right after naptime this afternoon? But thank goodness for a little man who always makes me smile, even in the midst of a little mischief.

Hope your Labor Day weekend was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment