Thursday, October 5, 2017

Monthly Catch-Up

Hi, friends! It's that time again. Monthly catch-up. I realized I haven't told you any funny stories lately, though, so I had to add a few.

My little people and I were driving the other day, and Milo remarked that our car air freshener looked good enough to eat (I'm not going to lie - it looks like a lovely piece to sink your teeth into. Kind of semi-squishy with a bumpy texture. It's a teething dream come true, minus the fact that it's a car freshener...). I told him you couldn't eat it, and he, in true analytical fashion, said, "Well, Mommy, you could eat it."

We've had lots of conversations like this around the house lately, and I wasn't in the mood for it. "Milo, just because you could technically eat something doesn't mean it would be good for you. This would be poisonous if you ate it."

Lucy got in on the action. "Mommy, what does poisonous mean?"

I tried to explain delicately. "Well, it just wouldn't be good for you. It would make you sick. Like a power line (the first thing we drove by). You technically could eat that, but it wouldn't be good for you."

Milo added, "Or GAS." (with giggles)

"Right, Milo. You wouldn't eat a toot. But thanks for that."

"Mommy, EW, that's not what I meant. I meant gasOLINE." (My son. Ever the adult in our family.)

"Oh, yes. Of course."

But then Milo couldn't resist. "You could eat poo-poo, but you wouldn't!"

Lucy egged him on. "GROSS!!!"

So he added, "Or pee-pee. You wouldn't eat pee-pee."

Lucy didn't miss a beat and said, "Well, that's more of a DRINK, Milo."

It's Lucy logic at its finest. 


We also went to the fire station for a tour a week ago, and on the way there, Milo couldn't stop talking about how he wanted to be a firefighter when he grew up. And, of course, if he wanted to, he needed Lucy to get in on the action. 

"Lucy, don't you want to be a firewoman when you grow up?" (Which is preposterous. Everyone knows Lucy wants to be a princess ballerina when she grows up.)

I said, "Milo, it's okay if she doesn't. I mean, I don't want to be a firewoman." (trying to make Lucy feel better if she didn't want to answer yes)

"Mommy, you're already grown up. It's too late for you."

Thanks, Milo. Good to know the days of hopes and dreams are up once you become a grown-up.


And now, drumroll please....
This girl is 7 months old!!! How did this happen? And while she was scooching around a bit right before she turned 6 months, I feel like she took off crawling and climbing and pulling up just a few days after I wrote my last blog. She is everywhere, and she's pretty fast, too! She doesn't seem too fazed by the word no (oh my, the truth is that it makes her laugh), and she is so good-natured and sweet all the time. She's so smiley, although as soon as I get my camera out, she turns as serious as can be.

Also, I edited a few sweet pictures from our "photo shoot," but the truth of this experience is that I had a million pictures of her playing with toys, looking over her shoulder at the kids, and crawling off the blanket and grabbing handfuls of pine needles. She is BUSY, and she makes my heart melt. Those HUGE dark eyes. Those squishy cheeks. Sweet Emmette makes our house so joyful.



ALMOST a smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment