Saturday, October 7, 2017

Baby giggles


I thought the new of Emmy would wear off after a while for Milo and Lucy and they would just ease into life with her like it was no big deal.

I was wrong, people. So very wrong.

Every morning, when I've finished feeding Emmy and turn on the light in her room, I hear the pounding of little feet running to her room. The door hits the wall as they shove it open, and they come scrambling in, pulling on each other and squabbling about who's going to hold her first. And if they don't come right away, Emmy sits on my lap, craning her neck at the door and wondering where her fan club is. It sounds a little chaotic (and believe me, it is), but it's one of my favorite things in life. Watching my little people love each other so very much.

But it doesn't stop there. Milo and Lucy are always thinking about Emmy, playing with Emmy, pestering Emmy (to which she responds mostly good-naturedly, and occasionally with an indignant scream), and living to make Emmy laugh. There is never a dull (or quiet) moment around here, and although I admit I am exhausted at the end of every day, I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I am more aware than ever that these moments are so fleeting. Already seven months have flown by before I could blink, so I have to treasure every day because I can't get them back.

There is joy to be found in every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment