Saturday, October 7, 2017

Milo's First Lost Tooth (stop growing, little man!)

Milo has had a loose tooth for over a month. He would wiggle it half-heartedly every now and then, and I didn't really get involved. Nate encouraged him, but for some reason, the loose tooth made me queasy.

And then it got really wiggly, and he would move it all the way forward so it was pointing at me, and again, I would start to want to black out. It's ridiculous, I know, but there is something about a loose tooth that I almost can't handle. Is this why we had to get multiple of my teeth pulled by the dentist instead of me losing them myself? There's no telling.

Then a week or so ago, Nate went into the bathroom with Milo and gave the tooth a good push backward. It bled a little, and Milo was a total champ. I thought this would be another "splinter at the beach" situation (if you don't know this story, I can't even tell you, but it was one of the most frustrating HOURS of my life). Anyway, they stopped messing with the tooth, and at bedtime, Nate asked Milo to let him take one more look at the tooth.

Milo laid across his lap, and then I heard him say, "Daddy, what's that in your hand?"

Nate held it up triumphantly - it was Milo's tooth! It had come out so easily Milo didn't even know it.

So here he is. My grown-up looking little man. And what a thoughtful little tooth. It waited until the day that Milo got a haircut so he'd look extra-dapper for his picture. How sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment