Monday, October 31, 2016

Two minutes

I stepped outside to water the plants for, maybe two minutes today.

In the time it took me to do that, Lucy Jane managed to empty the entire contents of not one, not two, but THREE tubes of toothpaste. All over the bathroom. Floor, counter, towel, washcloths...

I will say this, she at least had the good sense to try to clean it up, but that only managed to smear every bit of it in and work it into a nice lather for me to see when I popped back in.

Two minutes. That is all it takes. Because she's also extremely adept at unrolling an entire roll of toilet paper, straight into the trash can below, in two minutes or less. Never mind that she has been spanked every single one of the at least twenty-five times she's done it in the last month. Give that girl two minutes and she will make it count in the worst way possible.

Perhaps every person in the world is gifted with that one special someone who tries their patience like no one else could. Perhaps every parent has that one child who makes them feel like the worst mommy on the planet. Perhaps I will devour an entire tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and feel a little bit better?

Oh my word, I love this curly-headed, passionate, vibrant little girl of mine with every fiber of my being, but this tired mommy is short on patience these days... So I am going to leave you with a few adorable pics of her since I feel a tiny bit bad that I tattled on her.


On a date with Daddy.




No comments:

Post a Comment