Thursday, March 31, 2016

You just never know...

Usually Lucy wakes up full force, ready to talk and with a list of things she would like to do or have me do...

This morning Lucy stumbled out, curly wild hair covering most of her face and eyes mostly shut. She climbed up into my lap and we snuggled, and I started to ask her how she slept, what she wanted to do today, etc. (because this is our normal routine).

"Mommy," she whispered, "pretend like I'm still asleep. That means you need to be quiet. Shhhhh."

Point taken.

Milo has been super interested in babies, probably because most of the people I know are pregnant! (That may be an exaggeration, but seriously, so many preggos!!!) We have talked a lot about babies growing in their mommy's tummy, but (thankfully) never about how they get out. Little did I know, Milo was developing his own theory.

"So, Mommy, when the baby is ready, a doctor cuts open the tummy and pulls the baby out, right?"

"Milo, who on earth told you that?" (because that pretty much describes a c-section)

"I just thought about it."

"Oh. Okay. Well, only in a dire emergency would that happen. But God designed a mommy's body so the baby comes out naturally." (I was hoping that would suffice.)

"Well HOW does it come out?"

I try to just let my little people be little, sometimes to a fault. In fact, they still don't realize that chicken comes from, well, chickens. But this seemed like a conversation for another day. Or, honestly, another year (or ten). I told Milo it was a conversation that was a little too grown-up for him, so it would have to wait, and then I held my breath, wondering if that would be enough.

"Okay, Mommy."

Whew. Bit the bullet on that one. For now.

But you just never know what little people are going to come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment