Thursday, March 17, 2016

Texan March

If you know me at all, you know that I gripe about the weather far too much (to be fair, though, Texas weather and my hair are comletely incompatible). So I thought I would document a special moment for you.

At this very moment, I am sitting outside in Milo's old glider that I dragged onto the back porch, drinking coffee and thinking. It is cloudy, in the 70's, and a gorgeous, fresh breeze is blowing. I am so completely content that I don't quite know what to do with myself. I could 100% live like this (you know, spending time outside on purpose and without a headache on a regular basis) all the time (minus even the iPad), and even the swampy jungle that my backyard has become after a week of solid rain can't spoil my mood. These are the days when I think that living in the solitude of the country might not be such a bad idea after all.

And really, to go along with all of that, I killed a wood roach the other day without crying. It will still probably be a few days before I can eat salad, but small steps, right? I mean, we're even to the point where I tell my little people to let bugs live if they're outside (it is, after all, where they belong), so I can't be too mad at them. Except for the red wasp that chased me around the yard, refused to let me get my mail, and made me the laughingstock of the neighborhood the other day.

Texas, you and I might end up getting along after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment