Monday, November 9, 2015

Treasures

Every now and then I'm so tickled by the things I hear around my house that I have to share.

Things like, "Mommy, I need to sit on your lap while you go potty." (Ummmm, NO, by the way.)

Or, "Mommy, how do cows milk themselves?"

How about, "I like to snuggle you, Mommy. See, our cheeks are together. Like a puzzle."

Or even, to my mom, "Nana, what does it feel like to be a grandmother?"

I get really caught up in the daily business of things. Homeschooling. Potty training. Cooking and cleaning and walking and actually putting on clothes that could be seen in public. The making-the-house-run kind of stuff that seems vitally important, but, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter as much. I'm trying to enjoy these little people more and remember that if we're still in our pjs at lunchtime every now and then, it's going to be just fine.

After all, raising these two little treasures is the best gift I've ever received.



No comments:

Post a Comment