Monday, February 9, 2015

The best big lady

Milo looked at me with his sweetest face the other night and said, "Mommy, you are the best big lady I know."

Big lady. For some reason I'm always the big lady to Milo, which, let's be honest, is a little hard on my self esteem. I know I've mentioned it before - he picks out the largest characters in every scenario just for me. For example, in a cartoon picture the other day he named Nate as the owl, Lucy as the falcon, himself as a little arctic fox, and me as the giant polar bear. I started to wonder what in the world was going on, and then I realized how awesome it is to feel little when there's someone bigger around to take care of you. It's a compliment, and he meant it with every fiber of his wise Milo being. I hope my little people always view me as a big mama bear who would tear someone up if necessary. Straight up. Do not mess with these nuggets.

All that to say, I'm okay with seeming large and in charge if it makes these people feel safe. And this big lady is wishing you a happy Monday.

The two cutest little people ever.

See what I mean?

This face is entirely too charming.

Have you ever seen such a handsome little cowboy?

Milo is such a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment