Monday, October 13, 2014

Monsoon Monday

Yesterday I was puked on twice, once by each child, before 10 am. And when I say I was puked on, I mean covered in fluids, standing in a puddle, frozen for a moment trying to figure out what to do. And the weird thing is that I didn't gag. I didn't cry. I didn't even do anything but hold a handful of puke and tell Milo, "It's okay, baby, get it all out."

It's weird when you find yourself at that place, where the mommy instinct takes over and you just care about these sad little people who are crying and losing the contents of their tummies... Just as long as they're MY little people. Anybody else and I'd be puking along with them.

Anyway, I'm raising a glass of almond tea to a much better day, which I will also refer to as "Monsoon Monday." Here's to you!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday Louis peed through his clothes and on my shirt and the carrier. He also blew out of his diaper. We changed him, and he peed on the changing table and kicked poop on the wall. I wrapped him up in a blanket while N ran a bath. He pooped again. We put him in the bath and he peed again. After his bath but before we could get a diaper on, he pooped and peed again. This was all in about 30 minutes.

    Put together with an earlier open air accident, his damage by 2pm was: 3 outfits, 2 shirts for N, 1 shirt for me, 1 blanket, 1 carrier insert, 3 disposable changing pad covers, and 3 regular changing pad covers.

    BABIES.

    ReplyDelete