Monday, August 4, 2014

Creation

Most days I don't sit down the entire day.
I rarely have a chance to check my email (although, let's be honest, it's all junk mail anyway).
I am immersed in laundry and cleaning, and as soon as I get one room clean, I turn around and it's been demolished all over again.
When I go to the bathroom, tiny hands pound on the door and little voices chime, "Mama! Mama!"
I don't get a second to myself.
Being a mommy is this weird, wonderful occurrence that literally takes over your whole life, and I'm still getting used to what it means to be a mommy and anything else.
And for some reason, in the midst of all of this, I find myself really desperate to create. I am knitting, sewing, painting, refinishing, photographing... Maybe just to prove to myself and just one other person that I am still capable of something?
Anyway, just a small rant on a day where I haven't blogged in a long time. Nate's precious Nannie passed away last week, and it's like the entire week just disappeared into a black hole. So, not a lot to say, other than we're dealing with a lot here.
Here's to a better week?

No comments:

Post a Comment