Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crib Love

Milo and I aren't great at pretending to be asleep.
Oh yes, we did both get into that crib.
Fun for everyone.
Oh yes, miracle of miracles, my two-year old child still sleeps in a crib. He's small enough that he still has plenty of room, he loves his cozy little bed, and he can't get out on his own (and has never even tried). Most of the time this is amazing, except mornings like today when Nate found him sunny-side up with no diaper, but I digress... Anyway, I surprised Milo the other night by being in his bed when he and Nate came in at bedtime. He was so delighted that it was a shame when I had to get up (and then there was the fact that I had to haul my pregnant self back out of that bed).

Now, here's the thing. We have a Lucy coming, and Milo isn't even interested in sleeping in his big boy bed. I've shown it to him a number of times, and he always tells me, "No, Mommy. Want a baby bed." Hmmmm. At some point we're going to have to move him, but he seems perfectly content to stay where he is. Anyone know how to tell when a child is ready for a toddler bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment