Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Quick Red Cauliflower Curry

Want to know what I ate for lunch? First of all, thank goodness Delaney was coming over, because Nate is completely horrified by anything that involves curry, so I don't ever cook with it for the family. In fact, Milo asked me, "Mommy, what are you cooking? Because it smells awful."

Anyway, every now and then I find a recipe that sounds amazing, and I know I have to share it with someone else who is interested (and not just force my little people to eat it). This really good, really simple recipe came from Real Simple magazine (go figure). I thought I'd pass it along so you can try it yourself.

Quick Red Cauliflower Curry


Ingredients:

1 cup chopped onion (they recommend yellow, I used purple because it's my favorite)
1 tbsp veg. oil (for sauteeing the onion)
1/4 c thai red curry paste
4 c cauliflower florets
2 peeled and chopped sweet potatoes (oops - all I had were red potatoes and those were pretty good)
1 1/2 c unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 c vegetable broth (or chicken)
1 c frozen peas (I did not use these because peas offend me, but just in case you wanted the full recipe)

Cook the onion in vegetable oil until tender. Add the red curry paste, season with salt and pepper, and cook until fragrant (whatever that means - I just cooked it for a few minutes).

Stir in cauliflower and potatoes, add coconut milk and broth, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes (they didn't specify covered or uncovered, so I did covered). Stir in peas (if you like that sort of thing) and serve over cooked jasmine rice.

There you go! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I approve of this message & am stealing this recipe because it was GOOD!

    ReplyDelete