Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Space and potty chairs

I like to kind of ease into my days... Wake up, take a nice little walk/run, shower, have a cup of coffee and do my morning study... Then my little people wake up and we get on with the day, which includes homeschooling and now potty training. And may I make a confession? The number of people who have homeschooled and potty trained at the same time is certainly beyond my comprehension, but I am exhausted at the end of each day like I'm the only person who's ever attempted. Lucy is doing amazingly well, but I still sleep like a baby who's learned a new skill every night.

The last week or so, every day has been like a sucker punch in the face first thing every morning, and today was no exception. I barely got a shower before I tripped over Milo on my way out of the bathroom. Lucy wet the bed and woke up an hour and a half early (which, if you know my little lady, is a HUGE deal), Nate went to work but quickly came home with strep throat and instructions to take our little people to get their throats swabbed (no strep for them - hooray!). It's only 1:15 and I feel like I've lived a week already today.

All this to say, hey, who has time for blogging these days? But I wanted to tell you a cute story about each little person before I forget...

We've been studying space since we started school, and Lucy enjoys sitting through our science lessons and experiments with us. Milo and Lucy are both super interested in the solar system and soak up everything I teach them, and when we went through the planets Nate mentioned how preposterous it is that Pluto is no longer a planet. Both kids are now indignant right along with him. Lucy looked at me with tear-filled eyes the other  night in the tub and told me, "Mommy, I am so sad!" I was so concerned until she told me, "I'm so sad because Pluto is not a planet anymore!"

Milo is always thinking. The other day he asked me, "Mommy, who is Yahweh's daddy?" I explained that He doesn't have a daddy, but that he is the daddy to everybody else. Milo sat with a furrowed brow for a minute and then asked, "So who is Yahweh's wife? Does he have one?" I told him that Yahweh didn't have a wife, and he looked even more puzzled. "Then where did He get all these kids?"

Hope you're having a wonderful week. Fingers crossed I'll blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment