Thursday, March 5, 2015

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

I think Nate and I have talked about going to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo every year since we've been married. How funny that this is the first year we actually made it there. These little people were delighted with everything we came across - animals, pony rides, carnival rides, an animal birthing center, and, of course, the rodeo itself. It was a fantastic day!


I had to include this strange picture in which we all look slightly awkward. I'm not saying we're the most photogenic family, but something is off here...
This picture, however, is absolutely perfect.

Thank you, Freebirds, for having a stand in the food tent.

Burrito ad, anyone?

We sat through a bit of a cutting horse show, which absolutely fascinated these people. 

Oh, how deeply I love these two people. Look - do you think Lucy's hair matches Nate's beard (which Milo has described as being "the color of apple juice").

Carousel. Good enough to ride twice.

Two super serious faces for two little people who were having a blast. Lucy got to ride a few of the rides and she was SERIOUS about having fun. 

Milo Bandito

The cutest little rodeo princess.

Milo and Nate rode a flying elephant ride while Lucy and I took pictures and she said pathetically, "I ride? I ride?" Nate was the most amazing Daddy and marched right up to the front of the line to see if they'd let her ride, but alas, she was too short.

Lucy was SO delighted with this cow - Mis Moo? I've never heard of her, but there were grown-ups scrambling left and right for a picture with her. She loved Lucy because Lucy blew her countless kisses.

My normally cautious son is a natural on a horse. I know this isn't Nate's picture face, but I had to show you the look of pure joy on Milo's face.

Lucy's face. I have no words.
 So there you go. The pictures tell far more than I could do justice with words. We had a fabulous, fun, miles and miles-walking, exhausting and exhilarating day. I sense a tradition in the making.


No comments:

Post a Comment