Thursday, December 11, 2014

Milo-isms

Milo had a frustrating evening the other night. We were at our friends' house for Bible study, and the kids who usually play so well together were struggling. He usually spends several hours playing with the kids and enjoying life, but everyone was fighting and Milo's peace was disturbed.

He pouted around the house getting ready for bed, so as we were praying before he went to sleep I told him, "Well, just tell God what you are upset about."

It went a little something like this. "Yahweh, I'm having a bad night. Everyone was fighting tonight and it made me so tired. And I just got overwhelmed."

Yes, this is my three-year old son using the word overwhelmed. And then me trying to keep a straight face through the rest of the prayer.

He also looked down at himself while he was riding his bike yesterday, donned in blue track pants and a blue hooded sweatshirt, and told me, "Mommy, I'm just a vision in blue."

Yes, yes you are, my sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment