Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Figs and pigs and horses, oh my!

We've been having camera difficulties around here. Anyone know anything about a Nikon DL 3200? I'm having trouble with the auto-focus. As in, it won't. And then it won't take a picture because nothing's in focus... I may have to suck it up and take the camera back in.

That said, let me just tell you a story or two instead of sharing pictures. I know you're distraught with longing to see my little people, but this will have to suffice.

Every now and then, I find myself NOT on top of things. It's a pretty strange feeling to me because I normally have things relatively under control. Well, today when I ran bathwater for Milo and Lucy, I realized we were out of babywash. Okay, no need for concern (although these sensitive-skinned little people might say otherwise). I decided to sub some of my shower gel for their normal wash and made a big bubbly bath. I reassured Milo with these words, "It's okay, buddy. You're going to smell so nice - like brown sugar and fig."

Milo wrinkled his little nose at me, cocked an eyebrow, and asked, "Mommy, do I want to smell like a pig?"

Once I finished laughing, I reassured him that a fig was nothing like a pig and he'd be just fine.

After bathtime, I put Lucy in a new pair of tights that we bought recently - first wearing on these little purple tights with pink horses (Or is it the other way around? You get the idea.). I told her to go into the bathroom and show Milo her "horse pants" as I referred to them. She stepped around the corner shyly and said, "Milo. Neigh." That's all. Then she looked down at the tights and pointed one little toe. Perfect.

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment