Friday, April 4, 2014

A little list

For some reason, I've been surprising myself lately. Finding out little things about me that have changed in my old age, or having strange experiences. Every now and then I'll read a list of things you didn't know about me or something of the sort from old blog posts and giggle. So I thought I'd do a little refresher.

1. I'm typing this in excruciating pain because last night I literally slammed my own finger in the sliding glass door. How does one even do something like that? I'm chalking it up to a busy mind and a lack of sleep.

2. Weak coffee makes me gag.

3. Speaking of things that make me gag... I can change my own kids' poopy diapers all day long. But give me another kid's? Can't do it. And I don't even want to start on the one time Milo pooed in his undies when he first potty trained. It only happened once, though. I made him help me clean it out, and we were both gagging so hard it was ridiculous. Milo then puked on the floor and I ended up having to clean poo and puke. But at least it made an impression on him. He certainly hasn't done it again.

4. I love being awake by myself in the early morning. However, since I had Lucy, I have a really hard time dragging myself out of bed because it seems like as soon as I do, one (or both) of the kids decide to get up early, too. Like, "Hey, Mommy is out of bed already. Shouldn't we be, too?"

5. I turn into a beast when one of my kids is crying. I'm fairly confident I would fight anyone and anything to make it stop. Poor Nate when we've had to let our kids cry at night. He would be calm and rational and I would be ready to scratch his eyes out. As soon as they'd stop, I'd turn back into normal Kate and go about my business, usually having to apologize for my behavior.

6. The other night there was a (small) snake in our garage, and instead of freaking out, I fought it with the fire poker. No joke. I fought a snake. Meaning, I chased it all over the garage flicking it with the fire poker toward the door until I finally threw it out into the driveway. But you're still impressed, right?

7. The older I get, the more I want to eat like I did when I was a kid. As in, my mom fed us all health food until she had to go back to work. Carob chips, whole wheat, all-natural peanut butter. I find myself wanting to eat the exact same things these days and feed my kids in the same way. Is it a mommy thing? I still have dreams of having a giant garden in my backyard and raising us a bounty of organic produce. Someday...

8. I am constantly trying to help people who, more often than not, do not seem to want my help.

9. If I don't get out of the house at least once I day I feel like I'm being physically and spiritually oppressed. That said, sometimes changing out of sweatpants to get out of the house seems like an insurmountable task. However, I remain morally opposed to wearing said sweatpants in public. Dilemma?

10. Because Lucy is now crying, I can no longer focus on this list. Must. Pick up. Child.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment