Monday, February 28, 2011

The official end

Well, it's official. I turned in my keys and my badge today, filled out some exit paperwork, and just like that, I'm no longer an employee of the Lufkin Independent School District. And I'll admit to you, it was a bittersweet moment. As I told Linda, I'm thrilled to be home with my babyson, but really heartbroken to be leaving the incredible people that I worked with, especially now that some of them have a bad taste in their mouth when it comes to me... Don't get me wrong, I know that if I had just gotten my act together, I could have let them know I was leaving right when I started maternity leave. It truly sucks when your own hard-headedness causes problems for others, but I have to trust that God is going to fix everything for them, too. I know that's what I've been praying.

So now I'm left with a little bit of regret over how I left, and a lot of excitement over what's to come. I take with me a plethora of memories that I'll look back on with fondness. I'll miss morning coffee, hallway chats, and mid-class venting sessions. I'll miss my 25-minute lunches and my after school planning sessions. I'll miss the endless stories and fits of laughter over the precious (and not-so-precious) students I've claimed as my own for the last 4 years. I was surrounded by a group of people who walked with me through some of the toughest moments of my life, and I hope they'll walk with me through this new adventure. Yes, Lufkin High School has been good to me, and despite my sudden departure, I'd like to think I was good to it.

So here's to Lufkin High School and some of my favorite people in the world. I'll always have a hug and a smile waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment