Sunday, May 7, 2017

Two Months of Bliss

So Emmy is officially two months old now, be still my heart. Why did pregnancy seem to go so slowly, and then time sped up to quadruple speed after she was born?

Anyway, I managed to take a picture that is so imperfect and so descriptive of Emmy's life right now. Do you get the idea?


Oh, Emmy. The new has not worn off for Milo and Lucy. You would think that every day is the first day I brought this baby home from the hospital the way these little people fawn all over her. Emmy is never short on kisses, snuggles, or entertainment. And she is such a laid-back baby that she just rolls with it, but every now and then I see a glimpse of this face and it makes me laugh.

But thank goodness! I have amazing little people who love this baby. They aren't jealous or threatened. They just adore her with their whole hearts, and feel like her presence is the best gift our family has ever been given.

So, sweet Emmy. She has found her fists and loves to gnaw on them when she is hungry or tired. She enjoys tummy time and has gotten really good at holding her head up. She loves to look at books, especially some of Lucy's little board books with pictures of babies. She has laughed several times, but I can never get her to do it when I try (the first time was at her Nana at gymnastics class). And she is so smiley, so snuggly, so sweet that we all feel so incredibly blessed. Emmy, you are more amazing every single day!

Oh, and just a note. For all her smileyness, as soon as I get out the camera, she becomes stoic. I need to figure out a picture-taking strategy!




No comments:

Post a Comment