Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Socks and Wednesdays

Oh hey there! You haven't seen much of me lately, and this is why...



SOCKS. And more specifically, LARGE man socks with fingering weight yarn and size 1 needles (two at once on a circular, and I snapped one set of needles like an Amazon woman). I kid you not, I worked for hours every day and night for a solid week to produce these socks, and I was pretty pleased with the result.

Speaking of socks, Lucy was bound and determined that she was going to give the socks to "Mr. Chris," who is one of Nate's co-workers, because, as she told me, "Mommy, I LOVE Mr. Chris." Never mind that Lucy has only met Mr. Chris twice, and refused to speak or even look at him both times. She had a plan, and there was no deviating from it. When I explained to her that Daddy was going to give him the socks, she frowned at me, and I suggested that she color him a happy birthday picture to go with the socks. I kid you not, she replied, "Hmmmm, let me think about it... NO." There is a lot of sweet in there, but it's been mostly sass the last few days...

Since I'm telling you a Lucy story, you need a Milo one. Yesterday he told me, "Mommy, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, and then I pray for you." Wow, precious. He explained that he asked for lots of gifts to come to me like rain falling from the sky. I told him that he and Lucy were the best gifts I have ever received, so God had it covered, and he told me, "Well, I was hoping it might be yarn or money or something."

Here's to Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment