Monday, April 18, 2016

A Homemade life by Molly Wizenberg

Have you read this?



The last book I read was my Bethany House disappointment, but this more than made up for it, and I devoured the entire thing in an afternoon while my little people were supposed to be napping...

Part memoir, part cookbook, I loved the idea that Wizenberg managed to create so much personality in the midst of her recipes. Giving me the story behind each made me so much more likely to try them (besides the fact that many of them sound so amazing). And I have never craved salad so much in my life as I did after reading about the many concoctions she and her husband created.

There were parts of this book that touched me to tears, especially when Wizenberg talked about losing her father. I could relate because I remember my dad in the kitchen a lot like she did her own. And I can't say I would have enjoyed this book quite as much if I didn't already like cooking so much, but it would be worth a try even if you don't. I think that food with a story behind it tastes better. I already have the sequel on order and I can't wait to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment