Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Cookie adventure

I've been itching to try a recipe for a while - my aunt's homemade gingerbread cookie recipe. Every year she'd bring homemade and beautifully iced cookies to our extended family Christmas, individually wrapped for each of her nieces and nephews. I treasured these cookies because they were so amazing, and I've been feeling so nostalgic for them. She sent me her recipe and Mom, the kids and I got to work.

It was fun! And messy. And my little people consumed almost as much dough as we rolled out, but that's always the best part of baking, right?

Ready for cookie-cutting.

Lucy wasn't quite sure what to think, but she did have her eyes on the cookie dough...

Pro.

Lucy would certainly do ANYTHING Nana would help her with. She wakes up asking for Nana every morning.

Imagine me, with doughy hands, saying things like, "Act natural! Like you just love cookies!"

Still trying...

At this point I just gave up because they're all just so cute anyway.

Finished product - gingerbread dinosaurs and boats and airplanes and cars with cream cheese frosting and a generous helping of sprinkles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment