Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Road Trip Recap

Wow, it's been a long time since I've written anything. You might have thought I had forgotten all about this blog. But it's just been a busy time and I've seldom even had the chance to check my email. And then there was my road trip to Illinois with two little people and one Ann (who is amazing for riding 18 hours there with us and then riding 18 hours back a week later...) to see my Grandma. It was a fantastic trip and these little people did an amazing job. So now you get to see the longest picture post EVER to make up for over two weeks of not posting. Ready, set, GO!

Carpet picnic (or "pinkpink") in the hotel room on the way up. We drove about 12 hours, then stopped overnight.

Milo had to check out Grammy's walker right away, so he just got right in and helped her push. And look at gorgeous Grammy - you'd never know she's sick, would you?

Lucy LOVED Grammy.

Lucy also loved Uncle Mike and couldn't stop cooing and talking to him.

Chloe and Jen met us for a few days and we had a blast!

Milo and Auntie Jen. Two peas in a pod.

Quick trip to Lino's to see our Geiger cousins. We had SO much fun!!!

Lucy and her sweet little cousin June Margaret, who was 6 weeks old. What a size difference a few months makes, right?

Milo was so excited to meet his cousin Eli. The two had fun running all over and playing for an afternoon.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... The Baby Whisperer.

Sweet Milo.

We had to bundle Milo excessively because if he got cold he immediately wanted to be held. This poor little Texan boy wasn't sure what to do with temperatures under 50.

Yes, we did it. We made a quick and fabulous trip to Edward's.

A little trooper in the car.

Ann's hot mask - just to make sure Grandma didn't catch her scratchy throat.

Milo was non-stop thrilled with Ann. Who wouldn't be?

My two little people. They became even more enraptured with each other on the trip.

We took Milo for his first train ride ever. He absolutely adores trains, so this was a dream come true for him. We just rode the Metra a few stops from Elgin to Bartlett, where my mom grew up. Then we missed the train back and had lunch in an adorable little diner. It was a fantastic adventure.

Lucy loving on Grammy.

Do you see a little man who's ready to go home?

Is it just me or do Mom and Grandma look just alike?
 Okay, so there's a little trip recap. I have a hundred more photos I'd like to add, but small steps, right? Plus I have a lot of knitting to do... Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Jen hasn't aged a day! Your family is all just as beautiful as I remember. :)

    ReplyDelete