Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mario Kart madness

As a parent, it's my job to maintain a good sense of humor, and that requires me to laugh at completely inappropriate things on a regular basis. Yesterday Milo and I ran a quick errand together to Hobby Lobby and Walmart. He's been all about MarioKart lately, and so I bought him a little Yoshi racing car that he found close to the check-out line. He already has a little Mario car, so it was the perfect companion.

When we got back into the car, Milo was busy talking all about MarioKart, asking me about the different characters. He absolutely loves "the big monkey and the little monkey," because it's like he and Daddy. I just didn't realize he knew his name. "You know that big monkey, Mommy? Donkey Dong?"

This is where I'm supposed to act like a grown-up, and I was thankful that I was in the front seat and he was in the back as I choked back laughter. "Yes, baby. I remember Donkey Kong."

I could literally hear the wheels in his head turning in complete and total innocence. "Hmmmmmm, Mommy. You call him Donkey Kong. But I call him Donkey Dong."

What's a girl to do with that one? Here are a few fantastic photos to get you through the weekend. Hope it's a good one!

Nate said people are going to think he's always in his robe based on the pictures on the blog. That's so far from true, but both kids love to cuddle with him when he IS in the robe. Can you blame them?

Milo and Lucy were hanging out together watching Finding Nemo. Totally unposed - this girl loves her brother and literally had her arm around him.

Here my kids are looking JUST alike.

One VERY happy camper. I'm telling you, Milo is her favorite toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment