Monday, November 6, 2017

Time Change + 8 months old.

Oh, friends. The time change is all fun and games until you have children. And then all of a sudden everybody is crying and you'd like to say you don't know why, but the real reason is that everyone was up at 6 a.m. and the poor baby hasn't taken a nap because she's completely thrown off. It's just an hour. Who knew that stinking hour could do so much damage?

This girl. This girl knew, although she couldn't have put it into words. Then again, why use words when your sleepy little face is this expressive?



But enough about my nemesis, Time Change, and on to another milestone. This little nugget turned 8 months old Saturday! I can't even explain to you how delightful she is, and also how teething she is. The teething makes us have completely irrational days, but other than that, she is so precious. She is smiley and snuggly, and completely cracks me up every time I lay her down for a nap or bedtime. As soon as her head hits the mattress, she starts vigorously kicking her legs, waiting for me to attempt to cover her with the blanket (because that blanket isn't staying on for anything). I always have to throw it over her face so she can kick it off with a HUGE grin as I say, "Peekaboo!" We do this a few times, then I tell her I love her and head out. When she's not being a super teether, she just talks and coos until she goes to sleep. When she IS being a super teether, or when the time change (shakes fist) happens, she screams and stands up and makes a nice racket until she literally passes out face-first. Whatever floats your boat, nugget.

And you already knew this, but she crawls everywhere, gets into everything, and stands up on and with everything. But, as previously mentioned, is so delightful and good-natured. She loves to play with Milo and Lucy, and they still hang on her every movement. Their new trick is going in just before I do to wake Emmy up, turning on every musical children's toy in the room, and singing and dancing her awake. She's a good sport, and I usually hear her belly laughing right away.

Also, she loves poking the mole on my chin when she's nursing. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that...

That's life! Now, if you'll excuse me, we are all cranky and off schedule and it's time for a second cup of coffee. Real life, people. But look how cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment