Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Emmette Annabel

She's here! Emmette Annabel Jackson (Emmy) finally made her arrival on March 4, 2017 at 10:22 p.m. (otherwise known as National Grammar Day, so it couldn't be more perfect). She was a walloping 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long, and when my doctor came to check on me the morning after delivery, he told me he was so glad I hadn't induced because she didn't look like a late baby at all. He said the due date just had to be wrong. And that is why I love him. He delivered me this perfect baby and supported my decision to let it happen in its own time. I am supposedly in his last round of deliveries before he retires, and it makes me sad for all the people missing out on his amazing care!

Anyway, I can't wait to tell you the birth story, but I have a brief shower window here, so it will have to be another day. Life with three kids, one of whom is a newborn, is no joke. And I am so delighted!





1 comment: