Friday, June 27, 2014

Lucy's First Birthday


I know you've been holding your breath waiting for pictures of Lucy's first birthday party, haven't you? I went straight from putting her party together to working on a baby shower for Chad and Tree, and I've barely come up for air all week. But we had a blast! Nate and I vowed to keep it low-key, and I think we succeeded enough to enjoy the party in addition to Nate having to work all day and me and the kids attending another party a few hours before. Woo-hoo! I can't believe this passionate, vibrant, all-or-nothing little nugget is one already (sniffle).

Flower headband compliments of ME. Snuggles compliments of Nate.

Every once in a while, I actually get a picture of the two of us. Hooray!
In case you were wondering about the d├ęcor, or what we served... Fresh fruit cups, chips and salsa, and cupcakes for the food. Lemonade and limeade for the drinks. And an outdoor water wonderland with a slip-and-slide, inflatable pool, and countless water guns.
 


Amanda, who claims NOT to be crafty, made the one for me. I think it's perfect.

Nate lined the walkway with balloons. The kids couldn't wait to walk to our front door!
Have you ever seen a prettier birthday girl?

Homemade party hats modeled by Lily and Kaylee.

I loved this sunshine cake until I tried to add a 1. For future reference, I just won't...

Lucy seemed unimpressed by the cake, even though she's never had sweets before. She ate it, but with the most serious face I've ever seen.

Just for fun, a picture in which Nate says my mom and I are making the exact same face.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just ran into your blog again by looking back and...cringing at my old blog. I hope you remember me from a class you taught in 2009-2010, I believe. I was the shy, quiet girl, who usually wrote much of the time. I hope this comment doesn't come off as creepy, because it's not meant to! Your life seems wonderful, and you have such a beautiful family! I'm really glad you still post, and I hope the best continues to come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is a year old already? Oh my goodness. I can't believe it. Happy birthday Lucy. The party looks like it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete